The group comes with a fully equipped Living History camp complete with medieval tents and a camp kitchen. In this setting the group carries out the everyday tasks of medieval life such as chopping wood, fetching water, food preparation and often cooking meals on open fires to feed the camp.
The household can also demonstrate medieval warfare during The Wars of the Roses period, with a contingent of archers demonstrating the use of the feared English longbow and a small company of foot soldiers which include bill men, men-at-arms, crossbowmen and gunners.
We can offer displays of arms and tactics of the day, or can stage a siege or battle scenario. All our displays can be tailored to the client’s wishes with allowances for site layout and available space.
Visitors can join in with the Bill Drill, try on armour of the period, and should they be feeling merry they may join in with the household dancing.
Our society has the utmost respect for historic properties, and we will always leave a location in the manner in which it was found..
Events List 2018
- 7th-8th April Royal Armouries Leeds
- 21st-22nd April Wrest Park
- 6th-7th may Sherwood Forest
- 12th 13th May Prudhoe Castle
- 27th-28th may Hoghton Tower
- 30th June-1st July Bolton Castle
- 14th-15th July Tewkesbury Medieval festival
- 28th-29th July Raglan Castle
- 11th-12th August Haddon Hall
- 18th-19th August Battle of Bosworth
- 26th-27th August Bambrough Castle
- 22nd-23rd September Avoncroft Historic buildings museum